Commercial General Liability Insurance
Commercial general liability insurance protects your business from financial losses from lawsuits brought by third parties, such as customers, guests or passersby. These policies cast a wide safety net across many common risks and exposures and may be a core component of your business’s insurance portfolio.
Who Needs Commercial General Liability Insurance?
Commercial general liability insurance may be an invaluable investment for your business, regardless of size or sector. As its name suggests, this insurance covers incidents that may transcend industry lines.
The risk of a general liability claim being brought against your company may be significant to address if your organization’s operations include the following situations:
- Hosting guests, clients or other third parties on your company’s premises
- Taking possession or responsibility for other parties’ property
- Conducting operations or providing professional services at off-site locations
- Advertising and marketing your business, including through social media
If your business regularly bids on contracts, it may need to retain general liability coverage to ensure eligibility.
Types of Claims Covered by Commercial General Liability Insurance
Your commercial general liability coverage may provide financial assistance in response to many incidents arising from your operations, such as the following:
- Bodily injury—If a third party is physically injured while on your company’s property or because of your operations, your insurance may cover medical bills, legal fees and other losses.
- Property damage—If your company is at fault for damage inflicted on another party’s property, this coverage can help pay for repair or replacement costs.
- Personal and advertising injury—This coverage can provide financial assistance for legal expenses if your business is at fault for personal and advertising injuries, such as slander, libel or copyright infringement.
Get the Right Coverage
We’re here to help. At S&G Mitchell Company, our agents have the knowledge and experience to help your business assess its insurance needs and protect itself with suitable coverage. Contact us today to get started.